New Report: Workforce Productivity Tops List of Business Mobility Goals
In a report launched today by VMware, global executive and IT business leaders cited workforce productivity as the top objective for current and upcoming business mobility initiatives.
The VMware 2015 Business Mobility Report delves into the current state of enterprise mobile and the future of business mobility, based on responses and feedback from global executive and IT leaders. When asked about their business mobility initiative objectives, workforce productivity ranked highest on the list:
- 45%: Increase workforce productivity
- 34%: Streamline business processes
- 31%: Reduce cost of supporting the mobile workforce
- 24%: Secure management of new corporate device ownership models and BYO trend
- 24%: Reduce cost of mobile workforce devices
- 23%: React to changing user behavior
- 22%: Deploy innovative technology to meet user needs
We’re excited to see that executive and IT leaders are digging deep into the heart of business transformation and mobility to see the benefits to workers—or as we like to say, “people vs. process.”
As our workforce evolves from the 9-to-5 to digital work, “everywhere collaboration” amongst groups and teams results in enhanced productivity for workers anywhere in the world, on any device. By putting people first and focusing on improving the user experience through business transformation, enabling mobile productivity and collaboration is about more than just technology: it’s about empowering people with a new way to work that helps us all work better—together.