VMware Socialcast Positioned as a Leader in Aragon Research Globe for Social Software
Founded in 2008, Socialcast was acquired by VMware in 2011 and today powers some of the largest enterprise social networks in the world. Socialcast puts people and projects, conversations and content back at the core of business. Unlike process-centric approaches, social ways of working are more fluid and natural. By putting people first, and enabling them to work on their own terms, Socialcast provides the immediacy and context to support collaborative decision-making and teamwork.
Learn more about Socialcast here: http://socialcast.com/
About the Aragon Research Globe
The Aragon Research Globe is a market evaluation tool that graphically depicts Aragon Research’s evaluation of a specific market and its component vendors. Strategy, performance and research are the three dimensions of analysis tracked during vendor analysis. The Globe is segmented into four sections, representing high and low in both the strategy and performance dimensions:
- Leaders have comprehensive strategies that align with industry direction and market demand, and effectively perform against those strategies.
- Contenders have strong performance, but more limited or less complete strategies.
- Innovators have strong strategic understanding and objectives, but have yet to perform effectively across all elements of that strategy.
- Specialists fulfill their strategy well, but have a narrower or more targeted emphasis with regard to overall industry and user expectations.
What Aragon Research wrote about Socialcast in this year’s Globe:
“VMware’s Socialcast is an enterprise social networking solution typically used for team collaboration and information sharing. Its strategy is deep integration with Socialcast and the rest of its end-user products, such as the AirWatch Content Locker. Socialcast focuses on the activity stream, which is the hub of collaboration interactions between people. It can be deployed in the Cloud or on-premises and supports task and project management capabilities.” READ MORE
Since the last Globe in 2014, Aragon Research noted several shifts in the enterprise social networking market. The report highlighted the following industry trends:
- The Evolution of the ESN Market: increasing vendor focus on integration and outcomes versus the historical “feature wars,” as the people put a greater emphasis on mobile collaboration.
- Social Business and the Need to Collaborate: “big shift in enterprise social networking (ESN) is the shift to social business applications.” ESNs are transitioning from traditional stand-alone tools into collaboration platforms with contextual collaboration and integration into existing business applications.
- ESNs and Video: integrating video collaboration, sharing and/or full video content management.
- ESNs and Mobile: the new “lead story” for ESNs, enabling access to Community engine through mobile applications.
- The Shift to Predictive: “we’re still in the early day” of machines understanding and predicting user behavior and needs.
- Productivity in the ESN: group creation based on actions, as well as engaging with content within multiple groups.
- ESNs as Knowledge Networks: “the hub of how people find and access knowledge.”
- Focus on Outcomes: ESNs are increasingly developing best practices to ensure enterprise success.
Delve into the full industry insights—download the report here: http://www.air-watch.com/lp/aragon-social-software-globe/
Aragon Research does not endorse vendors, or their products or services that are referenced in its research publications, and does not advice users to select those vendors that are rated the highest. Aragon Research publications consist of the opinions of Aragon Research and Advisory Services organization and should not be construed as statements of fact. Aragon Research provides its research publications and the information contained in them “AS IS,” without warranty of any kind.